Request A Demo

Fill out the information below and we'll get in touch right away to schedule your demo!

Thanks! We'll send the report to your inbox as soon as it's ready!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Top 3 Social Media Tips For Restaurants

Written by

Restaurants are finding new ways to leverage social media. When you type in "Restaurants Social Media Tips" in Google you get what seems to be an endless string of websites offering you the best way to improve your social media presence. We put what we thought were the three most insightful tips for your social media accounts.


Keep a Good Ratio

As an overall rule, you shouldn't actively advertise your restaurant more than 25% of the time on social media. That means the other 75% of the time, you're basically making conversation. Restaurants have to work on genuinely engaging with their customers on social networks, rather than talking at them. Twitter lets you respond quickly to a compliment, complaint, or comment from a customer, and is a great way to show people you're "listening". Go forth and make conversation!

The other 25% of the time, try some promotional ideas like highlighting your restaurant staff, offering a special or include an interesting fact about your restaurant. For inspiration, here is a list of some great restaurants on Social Media.

Encourage User Generated Content

User generated content is any picture, tweet, or personal message that your customers create on their own. You can help make these happen with customer photo contests, and don't just limit yourself to one social media platform. The new Little Beet restaurant around the corner from our office recently gave away free meals to people who Instagrammed, Tweeted, or posted on Facebook about the restaurant on opening day. We were the first in line, our posts were liked and shared, and we've been back since. Not a bad way to get folks to come in the door, and spread the word!

Show off your Employees

Humanize your business by showing off your... humans! Take pictures of your staff having fun at the restaurant. Tweet quotes about their favorite things - in food or elsewhere. Guests love knowing that they're coming to a place with some life in it, and if it looks like the staff is having fun, chances are the customers will too.

Start Calculating Your Food Cost Today

Enter your email to download your free food cost calculator

Check your inbox to confirm your subscription
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with all of the latest tips and trends in food tech.

Check your inbox to confirm your subscription
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

You Might Also Like

What's BlueCart?

Icon of a finger tapping
One Click Ordering

Order from any of your suppliers on the web or right from your phone. Get push notifications for cut-off's and order statuses.

Icon of an inventory box

Manage and archive your inventory levels right from your phone or computer. Place orders instantly and easily when you're running low.

Icon of a delivery truck
Order Check-in

Check in your deliveries as soon as the truck arrives and instantly update your suppliers on any mistakes or damaged items.

Get Started
Icon of a computer displaying a shopping basket
Sell Smarter

Accept online & mobile ordering to all of your customers and personalize products and pricing for each. Know exactly when they go inactive.

Icon of a coupon barcode
Promote Specials

Increase your sales by promoting weekly specials that are advertised to your buyers through an email and the BlueCart platform.

Icon of a chart with bar graphs
Automated Analytics

View sales and profit data to ensure you're always trending upward. You can also export live custom data, fulfillment reports, and pick tickets with ease!

Get Started