Before the pandemic, hand sanitizers were used mostly in the healthcare industry as well as by people working in the restaurant industry. However, now it’s becoming a trendy product not only in flu seasons but also in the daily lives of people. That’s why more and more businesses are buying wholesale sanitizer for their staff and customers.
The food and beverage industry is among the major purchasers of sanitizer in large quantities. Waiters, chefs, and bartenders use it to disinfect their hands and to keep surfaces clean. In this blog article, we’ll talk more about the uses and the different types of disinfectants. We’ll also share what businesses are most likely to buy wholesale sanitizer.
What Is Sanitizer Used for by Businesses?
Generally, sanitizers are used in three major cases: to sanitize hands, surfaces, or equipment. Let’s dive a little deeper and see how exactly businesses use them.
- Hand sanitization and employee hygiene. The restaurant industry often buys wholesale sanitizer for their kitchen and waiting staff. Employees should not only wash their hands but they are also encouraged to regularly use hand sanitizer. That’s why disinfectant solutions and sanitizers are among the important restaurant supplies. That way it’s guaranteed that food service establishments can maintain high hygiene standards. That’s especially important for cafeteria workers in hospitals and schools as these places are more likely to spread diseases.
- Customer hygiene and sanitation. A lot of people strive to minimize the risks of contracting bacteria and viruses. That’s why hand sanitizer dispensers can often be found in restrooms and other areas of a business. For example, some restaurants might buy wholesale sanitizer and place it in dispensers on every table. Retailers might have dispensers near the entrance and the checkout counters of their stores. Hotels might place sanitizers on the reception desk.
- Surface sanitization. The spread of diseases is one of the main food processing and restaurant industry risks. That’s why businesses in these fields usually have higher regulations and standards related to hygiene. Cleaning and maintenance of equipment, utensils, and all surfaces is an important process in the food service and manufacturing business. With more businesses striving to use eco-friendly equipment, restaurants might invest in wholesale plastic containers to store food and leftovers. In addition to washing them after usage, they should also be disinfected regularly.
The hospitality industry also needs to keep premises in hotels and resorts clean and aromatized. That’s why they might buy wholesale sanitizer and use it for the floors, doorknobs, and other surfaces that are frequently touched by guests.
- Sanitization of common areas. Schools, healthcare facilities, and other institutions often sanitize all common areas in order to reduce the risk of disease spread. That includes regular cleaning and disinfection of floors, furniture, and other items that are in contact with people.
Key takeaway: Institutions, retailers, and businesses in the food service industry buy wholesale sanitizer for their customers and staff. It is also used for disinfection of surfaces and equipment. The most common types are hand sanitizer and surface sanitizer.
What Businesses Buy Wholesale Sanitizer?
Practically all institutions need to buy wholesale sanitizers and other cleaning products. They are used for floors, surfaces, and other areas. Additionally, in order to protect patients, students, and the staff, dispensers should be placed in common areas and restrooms. Government offices and other public buildings also need to clean their common areas frequently.
Hospitality and Food Service Businesses
Fast food restaurants, cafes, and all other companies need to follow strict hygiene protocols. Employees should regularly wash their hands and use sanitizer before preparing food. Additionally, guest rooms and common areas need to be cleaned and disinfected frequently. That way, the standards of the guests can be met.
Producers should have proper disinfection procedures as part of their cleaning and maintenance process. That’s why they often benefit from the lower wholesale price per unit and order wholesale sanitizer.
Stores and supermarkets are visited by thousands of customers every day. They often swipe and disinfect the floors, entrances, and checkout areas. Retailers often have dispensers with sanitizer around their stores.
Public and Private Transportation
Buses and trains have a lot of surfaces that frequently come into contact with hands. That’s why they buy wholesale sanitizer and provide it to customers and staff via dispensers. The same goes for taxi companies and airlines.
Main Types of Sanitizers
Suppliers of sanitizers and other restaurant supplies offer a wide variety of products. Let’s dive a little deeper into the main ones.
- Hand sanitizer. They can be in different forms and sizes. Usually, you can find them in bottles and dispensers. However, suppliers of wholesale paper goods might also offer disinfectant wipes and other solutions. Most hand sanitizers are alcohol-based.
- Surface sanitizer. Tables, floors, and equipment are cleaned with the help of surface sanitizers. They often include not only alcohol but also hydrogen peroxide.
- Food contact sanitizers. They are designed to be used in food preparation areas. As they are safe to use, you can use them to sanitize stored items in large quantities like wholesale cups, plates, or tablecloths.
- Laundry sanitizers. In order to disinfect fabrics, businesses might use special laundry sanitizers. If you buy wholesale linens, it’s recommended to wash them with such a solution before their first usage.
- Air sanitizers. They combine the power of UV light with filters in order to purify the air from airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Water sanitizers. Pools and hot tubs in resorts should be properly maintained to contain the spread of algae and other microorganisms. That’s why distributors of wholesale sanitizers offer special solutions for pool maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sanitizers
Do you know how sanitizers actually work? In the next paragraphs, we’ve answered this question as well as some other common questions regarding disinfectants.
How Do Sanitizers Work?
Alcohol-based sanitizers attack the membranes of microorganisms which effectively kills them. Businesses that buy wholesale sanitizers know that these solutions need a certain contact time with the surface to be effective. Usually, most brands recommend between 30 and 60 seconds. However, there are some strong products that can be effective quickly.
What Are the Differences between Sanitizers and Cleaning Detergents?
Cleaning solutions and sanitizers serve different goals. A cleaning detergent is used to remove grease or dirt. Sanitizers, on the other hand, are used after the cleaning is done in order to kill the majority of the harmful microorganisms.
Most wholesale sanitizers on the market contain alcohol as a main ingredient. Some can also include hydrogen peroxide. These compounds are designed to kill bacteria and viruses. Detergents contain cleaning agents that break down dirt. The wholesale janitorial supplies market is very competitive. That’s why most manufacturers try to improve their products by making their products eco-friendly or including pleasant odors. During flu seasons, businesses might spray sanitizer over the furniture and other surfaces. Just make sure to follow the instructions of the manufacturer in order to avoid damage to the furniture and textiles.
How Often Should You Use Sanitizer?
Using sanitizer too often can lead to skin irritation and dryness. That’s why it’s recommended to use it only when necessary. If you’re in a high-risk situation like visiting a hospital, you should consider using it more frequently. Sanitizers are most effective when they’re applied to clean hands or areas. That’s why businesses stock both wholesale soap and sanitizer. That way, employees and customers can properly wash their hands and use sanitizer afterward.
Some businesses like hospitals have strict rules about using sanitizers. Their staff must follow hygiene protocols by the book. These businesses usually benefit from ordering wholesale cleaning supplies and other hygiene solutions.