Statistics show that about 27% of online retailers have adopted the dropshipping business model as one of their efficient business systems. (Oberlo) This has led to an increase in the number of dropshipping wholesale suppliers.
If you are like most people and find yourself thinking about how to start a dropshipping business, you’re most likely to have two questions popping up frequently - one, is dropshipping worth it? Two, is dropshipping legit?
According to predictions, the global dropshipping market will grow by a staggering 23.7% by the end of 2022, reaching $196.78 billion. However, the market size will only continue to grow, reaching up to $476.1 billion by 2026.
Dropshipping has reached high levels among every online marketplace business model that’s considered by entrepreneurs today. The inventory-free setup and accompanying low startup costs are reasons why many people love the dropshipping business model.
As a beginner, it is very easy to make dropshipping mistakes. With more and more companies adopting the dropshipping model, it can become confusing to choose the right dropshipping wholesale suppliers or find the best dropshipping niches to invest in.
Key Takeaway - The success of any dropshipping business lies in partnering with the best dropshipping wholesale suppliers. It is critical to choose reliable dropshipping wholesale suppliers.
However, let’s talk about dropshipping wholesale suppliers you can partner with. In this article, we review the best wholesale dropship suppliers to get the best dropshipping products in 2022 and beyond.
3 Best Dropshipping Wholesale Suppliers In 2022
Besides looking through dropshipping websites or a wholesale directory for dropshipping supplies, you can also check a B2B wholesale marketplace for dropshipping vendors. While there are lots of great dropshipping wholesale suppliers online, here are our top three picks:
AliExpress is one of the best dropshipping wholesale supplier marketplaces for dropshippers. With millions of products in their online store, AliExpress offers new and already established dropshippers several categories of products to sell.
Integrating dropshipping tools like DSers, allows you to sell products on the AliExpress marketplace directly on your dropshipping website. Additionally, AliExpress provides a unique dropshipping order fulfillment infrastructure for online retailers.
With AliExpress, you can easily find high demand products to sell on your B2B eCommerce or marketplace online store. You don’t have to worry about the inventory management process or eCommerce shipping.
- Free to sign up for online retailers.
- Millions of products are available.
- Affordable pricing for trending products.
- Easy order fulfillment for customers.
- Extended lead time.
- Delayed delivery time.
8 Steps to Getting Started With AliExpress
- Set up your dropshipping website and online marketplace: You can use a simple, functional, and user-friendly eCommerce website design. If you are looking for an affordable option, try an eCommerce website builder.
- Integrate dropshipping tools like DSers: Most dropshipping tools are free to use and are available as plugins on websites.
- Select the best dropshipping niches: For this, you need to choose your ideal target audience and research your niche market. It is important to select products that your potential customers need.
- Research and choose your AliExpress dropshipping vendor: There are millions of manufacturers and vendors with great products on AliExpress. However, make sure to read reviews and do some background checks on the vendors you select.
- Add products from AliExpress to your online store: Pick the products you want to add to your online store. DSers will help you add the products to your store after selecting them.
- Choose the price for each product: You can set the price for your selected products. The prices do not have to match the dropshipping wholesale price. Otherwise, you wouldn’t make any profit!
- Manage your orders: When you receive orders from customers, you pay the wholesale price on the AliExpress platform. So, having a great order management system in place like BlueCart will keep things functioning accordingly.
- Track shipping and order fulfillment: AliExpress wholesale dropshipping suppliers take care of directly shipping order products to your customers. However, it is important to keep track of shipped orders.
- Wholesale Central
Wholesale Central is another online marketplace to find wholesale dropshipping suppliers. The platform offers online retailers over 300,000 products to dropship.
However, unlike AliExpress, Wholesale Central only lists the categories and websites of wholesaler suppliers. On clicking the link, you’ll land on the online store of individual wholesalers.
At that point, you’ll need to follow specific instructions from the selected wholesaler’s website to get started with dropshipping their products. You may need to have a vendor management system in place and great supplier relationship management strategies to keep things running smoothly.
- Free to sign up for online retailers.
- Access to thousands of wholesale suppliers.
- Platform is primarily a directory.
- Dropshipping order fulfillment strategies are not in place.
6 Steps to Getting Started With Wholesale Central
- Get your website ready: Make sure your website is designed to match the selected niche and target product.
- Register for free on Wholesale Central: Wholesale Central is free to register for online retailers.
- Select your product category and vendor: Products are listed in different categories. Selecting a category will bring you to a list of potential wholesale dropshipping suppliers’ websites.
- Do your background checks: There are a lot of fake dropshipping suppliers online. You must make your findings before reaching out or registering on any supplier’s website.
- Follow instructions on the supplier’s website: The logic is usually the same for most wholesale dropshipping suppliers. You register on the wholesaler’s website, select and add the products to your online store, customers place an order with you, you send that order to the supplier, and the supplier ships it.
- Track and manage orders: It is important to track orders placed with the dropshipping supplier to prevent scams. To be on the safe side you can use a secure online payments platform. Remember not to divulge your payment details.
Need help navigating through the ever-competitive online eCommerce business space? Get expert advice on how to scale up your eCommerce business with our free Comprehensive eCommerce Business Guide eBook.
Going straight to manufacturers is still one of the best ways to get reliable dropshipping wholesale supplies. You don’t have to worry about payment scams and not fulfilling customers’ orders.
Another benefit of using manufacturers as your direct wholesale suppliers is that you can start your own private label dropshipping business. Additionally, most manufacturers have strategies in place to help you fulfill orders and ship products directly to customers.
With private label dropshipping, you can ship products relabelled as yours without having to stock any inventory. There are several private label brands examples you can model your business after.
As with other dropshipping wholesale suppliers, it is important to have a solid relationship with the manufacturer. In addition, you may need to create an eCommerce marketing plan to promote your products.
- Access to millions of manufacturers.
- Start your own direct to consumer private labeled brand.
- Greater dropshipping profit margin.
- Marketing costs may be higher for private label brands.
- Manufacturers will require a minimum order quantity or MOQ.
2 Steps for Getting Started With Manufacturers
- Start with an eCommerce business plan: It is important to write a business plan before you start with this model of dropshipping. Your plan should include your marketing and expansion strategies as well.
- Get your brand ready: From opening a website to learning how to print shipping labels, it is important to get your brand and eCommerce team structure ready. Partnering with manufacturers comes with a lot of benefits, but it can be tedious to manage all by yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dropshipping Wholesale Suppliers
Now that you’ve gotten a lot of expert tips on the best dropshipping wholesale suppliers, let’s answer some more common questions you may have.
What are the Benefits of Dropshipping?
Besides zero inventory management, dropshipping comes with loads of other benefits. Here are some benefits of the dropshipping business model:
- Low startup costs
- Variety of products available to dropship
- Saves inventory management and shipping costs
How to Find Verified Wholesalers and Dropshippers?
There are a lot of unverified and scamming wholesale dropshipping suppliers online. It is best to go with verified ones. Here are some tips on finding verified wholesalers and dropshippers:
- Do your own online research and ask questions about the supplier
- Read reviews about the supplier across various websites
- Order a sample of the product
What are the Best Dropshipping Websites or Suppliers?
Depending on the niche and category of products you want to dropship, there are various dropshipping websites or suppliers. Here are some examples of the best dropshipping websites and suppliers:
- Wholesale Central
Now for a Quick Recap
When finding dropshipping wholesale suppliers for your dropshipping business, one thing you don't want to be is clueless. There are a lot of scams and fakes out there, being armed with the right recommendations and strategies will help you spot them from a distance.
Before selecting any supplier, it is crucial to perform a background check. Make sure the wholesale dropshipping supplier is reliable and can deliver orders when needed. This will keep your brand reputation intact and your customers satisfied.
BlueCart is a comprehensive eCommerce software solution for wholesalers, small businesses, dropshippers, and hospitality establishments. We offer a complete set of tools including unlimited digital catalogs, shipping, and delivery route management, integrated payment processing, and SEO-ready digital storefronts. Book a demo now to see how BlueCart can save you money and streamline processes today. Note that product demos are a walkthrough of our software, not a source of business advice.